Thursday, June 22, 2006

My friend the KungFu Master

The last few weeks in Beijing I made friends with a Chinese KungFu master. Master Shi is 84 years old and a great teacher. He has about 6 or 8 students who train hard in Chinese Kungfu 6 AM every morning in Beijing's DongDan Park. Master Shi is still very flexible and his stances and moves are still strong and graceful. His students move with flowing grace and are great martial artists. I enjoyed watching them every morning while I did my own exercises at 6 AM.

Master Shi and his students spoke no English, so I had to communicate with my limited Chinese language. No problem. People with similar interests find ways to communicate even without language. Master Shi invited me to train with his class and learn from him. I would LOVE to do do. But unfortunately I was leaving in just a few days. Next time I'm in Beijing, I'll try.

Here are some of the pictures of my friends in DongDan Park:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home