Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mornings at Huntington Beach

Work Hard, Play Hard, Play even a little bit harder.

I love going to the beach in the mornings. I am lucky that way. I live only a few minutes from Huntington Beach. Every morning I head over to the beach to exercise - karate, walking bicycling, and (sometimes) going out in the waves with my small kayak boat. Usually I see dolphins swimming close to shore eating their breakfast of fish. When I see the dolphins, I feel refreshed and know the world is OK.

The people I see every morning are inspiring. Life is to be enjoyed. Work hard, but also play hard.

The surfers are amazing. People of all ages get out in the waves every morning and enjoy the ride on the surf. If the surf isn't so high, they just sit out in the water and ride the waves up and down. One of my friends thought surfing was only for very young people. Then she saw some old men 60 and 70 years old, sitting out there enjoying and riding the waves with the young guys. What an amazing sight.

Other people just walk, ride bicycles, ride roller skates, or just sit and watch the ocean. This is the right way to start the day. A good way to start each morning. Remember - live in the moment. Enjoy a part of each day - who knows how long any of us will be on earth.

Work hard, play hard, and sometimes play even harder.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home